WWF Adria zapošljava: Stručnjak za edukaciju u Bosni i Hercegovini. Razumiješ se u edukaciju ili si stručnjak(inja) za javnu politiku, a sve to u Bosni i Hercegovini? Možda si prava osoba za nas!
Još nekoliko dana otvorene su dvije pozicije! Ne propusti priliku da nam se pridružiš 🐼.
WWF Adria (World Wide Fund for Nature) zapošljava stručnjaka/inju za edukaciju u Bosni i Hercegovini.
Ako se prepoznajete u opisu posla, pošaljite svoj životopis, motivacijsko pismo i dvije preporuke (prednost imaju preporuke iz nevladinih organizacija) na e-mail adresu:
email@example.com, s naslovom “Education Officer BiH vacancy application”.
Rok za prijavu je 27. listopad 2019. godine.
Position title: Education Project Officer BiH
Reports to: Regional Education Programme Officer
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Starting: November 2019
WWF is one of the world’s leading non-governmental and non-profit organizations for nature conservation.
WWF has been established in 1961, and has representative offices in over 100 countries across the globe and approximately 6200 employees.
The organization is proud of its supporters of over five million people.
WWF Adria is representing WWF within the countries of ex-Yugoslavia and Albania with approximately 50 staff and consultants.
It is operating through a WWF Adria office in Zagreb (Croatia), WWF Adria-Serbia office in Belgrade, and partner organizations and consultants within the rest of the region.
The Protected Areas for Nature and People II (PA4NP II) programme addresses two broad issues – the effectiveness of PAs and the issue of human well-being.
WWF expects that the proposed programme will bring results on both issues, through mutual reinforcement, but also by addressing them separately.
During the programme period (October 2019 – December 2022), PA4NP II will be taking a multi-faceted approach based on five mutually reinforcing outcome objectives:
- Improved and/or better implemented national policies for PA management and biodiversity conservation through advocacy and national CSO platforms;
- Raised awareness on biodiversity and active citizenship amongst public and decision-makers through educational programmes;
- Decision-makers are held accountable for their actions or inactions in relation to nature through engaged civil society and media;
- Opportunities for sustainable development in and around PAs equitably distributed among local community members, and
- Increased community participation equally represented by women and men.
In the context of this programme, WWF works with civil society actors at different levels to support and strengthen them in their role as representatives of;
And voices for their respective constituencies, as key actors in policy dialogue and decision-making, and in the development, facilitation and implementation of community-based natural resource management (NRM);
and equitable benefit-sharing schemes.
The emphasis is on efforts to support the development of their institutional and technical capacity to engage in and influence relevant policy and decision-making processes.
- Implements programme activities according to programme workplans;
- Maintains and develops partnerships and stakeholder engagement according to programme workplans;
- Supports monitoring and reporting at the programme level;
- Supports fundraising for WWF Adria program unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead education activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina within the programme;
- Engage and regularly communicate with relevant institutional stakeholders in BiH;
- Participate in budgetary and administrative tasks (e.g. relationship with suppliers, reporting);
- Build and regularly maintain contact with PAs, schools and other partners and stakeholders in BiH;
- Support development of education programs and materials;
- Coordinate organization of training programmes in BiH for educators in PAs, national educators, teachers and children on topics of environmental education and education for sustainable development (ESD);
- Support organization of mentoring sessions for PA staff and organization of training for kindergarten teachers and animators in nature school facilities;
- Coordinate with policy team preparation and implementation of advocacy activities for integration of education in PAs into national policies in BiH;
- Provide assistance (technical input) in the preparation of communication material for programme officer (communication);
- Promote WWF Adria education programs towards schools and other stakeholders at various events.
- University degree in in the broad area of environmental science, natural resources science, environmental law, education or related fields;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in education related activities in BiH or region.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation systems at the programme level and programme administration (budgeting, administration procedures);
- Basic knowledge of the geography, societies, economies, politics and pertinent issues of conservation and development within the programme’s scope;
- A good level of computer literacy, especially word-processing, budget and spreadsheet preparation, database record systems, electronic mail;
- Fluent oral and written Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/Serbian and good English communication skills are required;
- Excellent pedagogical skills, relationship management, interpersonal communication and presentation skills;
- Good organizational, administrative, multitasking and prioritization skills;
- Team player and ability to take initiative;
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Understanding and applying WWF social and environmental safeguards.
Internal – Works closely with WWF Adria Education Team, other program and office managers, and administration unit. Interacts with WWF Adria staff at all levels.
External – Interacts with programme partners within the collaborative external context.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff.
Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs. (mojinfo.ba)